Vic Toews, Member of Parliament for Provencher, has announced funding for Canada Day celebrations in Provencher.
“As we celebrate Canada’s 146th birthday, we celebrate our legacy, our pride and our possibilities,” said MP Toews. “The Harper Government is proud to support the local Canada Day celebrations here in Provencher.”
Six communities will receive a total of $23,045 in funding from the Celebrate Canada Program through Heritage Canada.
“We are grateful for this support from the Government of Canada,” said Nicole Magnan-Bédient, event coordinator for the Ste. Anne Community Development Corporation. “This funding will help us celebrate Canada’s birthday, as well as National Aboriginal and Multiculturalism Days.”
The Celebrate Canada Program, through Canadian Heritage, provides financial support for activities organized during the Celebrate Canada period, from June 21 to July 1. These activities celebrate National Aboriginal Day on June 21, Saint-Jean-Baptiste Day on June 24, Canadian Multiculturalism Day on June 27 and Canada Day on July 1.
Funding for Provencher:
- Vita Canada Day Committee Inc: $5,175
- Springfield Canada Day Committee – Dugald: $2,895
- Midwinter Heritage Association Inc – East Braintree: $1,000
- Southern Manitoba Convention Centre Inc – Morris: $3,000
- City of Steinbach: $5,015
- Ste. Anne Community Development Corporation: $5,960