HyLife Foods, a division of the HyLife organization, a leading primary pork processor for domestic and world markets is seeking an Applications Analyst to provide better coverage for our PM shift. To sustain our position as a premier supplier of quality food products, we strive to employ talented and motivated people who are capable of reaching the cutting edge of their discipline. This position is based in the vibrant community of Neepawa, Manitoba which has a reputation for its beauty and high quality of life.
Reporting to the Applications Manager, the Applications Analyst supports effective utilization of enterprise applications and data. As a valuable member of the Solutions Team at HyLife Foods™, the Applications Analyst will provide user support and training for multiple software applications, data support using business intelligence and other report writing tools, as well as gathering requirements for various Solutions Team projects.
This position will include the following responsibilities and day-to-day functions:
- Gather and document business requirements for various projects including internal application development, proposed packaged software solutions, as well as for integration solutions and data extraction/reporting. Filter through user requests to determine the underlying true needs.
- Work with the business to identify techniques for improving processes and application usage, and to manage changes to existing processes.
- Support project delivery of application and data-related projects, with tasks assigned by the Applications Manager.
- Provides 2nd level user support for business applications and reports/data, including: Log and track support incidents for various applications issues from users and provide responses; Investigate support incidents and resolve where possible; identify and document problems for escalation to product vendors as needed.
- Assist with implementation of new software applications or new features for existing applications.
- Work with the IT Department to plan and perform upgrades and servicepacks for enterprise software.
- Develop and Deliver formal plans for end user training and orientations for enterprise software applications.
- Collect information for end users including permissions, client configuration and training/orientation requirements.
- Modify or create customized reports using packaged software reporting tools, advanced Excel reports and other analytical and business intelligence tools.
- Other duties as assigned
The successful candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- Knowledge of enterprise software in a manufacturing environment including production & packaging, time and labour, inventory and financials, equipment R&M
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint; VBA and Visio optional)
- Problem solving and investigative skills including information gathering and troubleshooting
- Basic understanding of database structure with the ability to connect, query, and extract data for reporting or troubleshooting purposes
- Ability to understand and follow instructions in technical documentation
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly organized with ability to multi-task
- Report writing skills including charts, graphs, dashboards, etc.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Strong focus on food safety and workplace safety
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and competitive compensation based on experience and knowledge. HyLife has been recognized as a Platinum Member of Canada’s Best-Managed Companies.
If you have the qualifications and the passion to meet this challenge then we would like to explore your potential.
Please apply online at:
We thank all applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Only applicants currently entitled to work in Canada will be considered.