This position is based at the Head Office in the vibrant community of La Broquerie, Manitoba which has a reputation for its beauty and high quality of life. We are currently seeking a highly-motivated person to fill the position of IT Operations Manager. This position reports directly to the Director, Information Technology.
The Operations Manager is responsible for managing operational activity across the extended HyLife IT team, including infrastructure (desktop/laptop, network, and server) user support and client services. The goal of this role is to establish and maintain operational excellence in enterprise IT services including effective standards and guidelines, processes, team roles, infrastructure design and implementation, daily operations and customer service. This role works closely with the Director of Information Technology on tactical management of the IT team as well as providing input and direction into strategic planning.
This position will include the following responsibilities and day-to-day functions:
- Maintains organization’s effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing and delivering information technologies
- Maintain IT infrastructure, including standards and guidelines, change management, capacity monitoring and planning and hardware/software lifecycle management
- Provide project management for IT projects related to Operations (user support, infrastructure management) activity. Participate as needed in other key IT projects including new system planning & implementation, business process automation and facility expansions
- Managing the IT user support process to deliver the highest possible service levels to users. Establishing and maintaining support process standards and guidelines, including service levels. Assign responsibility and manage IT staff to deliver effective user support. Monitor user support activity and update standards, guidelines and responsibilities as required
- Creation and distribution of operational IT reports including user support metrics, utilization & capacity monitoring, uptime/availability, change management and other pertinent key performance indicators as they relate to operational efficiency
- Management of the IT procurement process, including implementation and maintenance of IT procurement standards and vendor management. Manages the procurement process to ensure that standards and budgets are adhered to
- With the Director, manage the IT budget process including providing input into annual budget planning and management of budgeted expenses
- Provide direct management for operational roles on the IT team. Works with the IT team to develop effective coverage (skills depth and breadth) for key areas of user support and infrastructure management
- Conduct formal performance management reviews with direct reports and assists them with professional development planning
- Other duties as assigned
The successful candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Customer service focus
- 7 to 10 years’ experience in progressively senior systems and infrastructure management roles
- Strong experience in managing a Windows-based environment, including Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, SQL Server, o365. Microsoft certification is a definite asset
- Strong experience in enterprise systems including products from Vmware, Cisco, Meraki, Citrix and Nimble
- Extensive experience with operational best practices such as change control, metrics reporting and policy-based management
- Experience managing and improving user support or help desk teams
- Experience with IT budget processes and procurement
- Strong analytical and problems solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, working independently and in a team environment
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and competitive compensation based on experience and knowledge. HyLife has been recognized as a Platinum Member of Canada’s Best-Managed Companies.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply online at:
Applicants who are not currently eligible to work in Canada will not be considered for this position.
We thank all applicants. However, only those under consideration will be contacted.