This position is based in the vibrant community of La Broquerie, Manitoba which has a reputation for its beauty and high quality of life. We are currently seeking a highly-motivated person to fill the position of Infrastructure Specialist to support our Information Technology department. This position reports directly to the Manager of Technology Development and Projects.
This position requires strong technical abilities. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in enterprise systems.
The position includes the following responsibilities and day-to-day functions:
- Translate business and technical requirements into value-based proposals, addressing business drivers and needs to align with Business and IT strategy
- Analyze technical requirements to determine infrastructure designs, potential issues, and related costs
- Participate in the building and maintenance of the Technology Roadmap at HyLife
- Develop & maintain catalog of technical capabilities and platforms providing them
- Implement technical projects, coordinating as needed with internal and external resources
- Work as the liaison between the business, application development, and IT operations
- Technical advisor and escalation path for IT operations
- Prepare analysis assessments in relation to technology standards
- Keep abreast of industry standards, software and data innovation, architectural trends, and major technology vendors and leaders
- Create and maintain documentation related to technology projects and implementations
The successful candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 Years’ experience in supporting and maintaining mid-large server and network environments in a distributed, global environment
- Strong knowledge and experience with identity, directory, authentication/authorization, single sign on, access management, encryption, data privacy, backup and disaster recovery
- Advanced knowledge and experience with network, security, compute, storage, virtualization, cloud, database, backup/disaster recovery, collaboration and end user technologies
- Technical experience with following an asset: Cisco UCS, Cisco+Meraki networking, Nimble, VMware, Veeam, Microsoft Exchange, Sharepoint, SQL, o365, Azure, Google Cloud, Citrix
- Proven record of architecting and building solutions
- Team player with the ability to collaborate across disciplines in IT
- Excellent communication skills
- High attention to detail and strong analytical, organizational and task management skills
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and competitive compensation based on experience and knowledge. HyLife has been recognized as a Platinum Member of Canada’s Best-Managed Companies.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply online at:
Applicants who are not currently eligible to work in Canada will not be considered for this position.
We thank all applicants. However, only those under consideration will be contacted.