IT Enterprise System Analyst
HyLife Ltd is a progressive Manitoba based company. HyLife and its affiliates have feed and pork operations and genetics sales in various countries around the world.
This position is based at the Head Office in the vibrant community of La Broquerie, Manitoba which has a reputation for its beauty and high quality of life. We are currently seeking a highly-motivated person to fill the position of IT Enterprise System Analyst. This position reports directly to the IT Operations Manager.
This position will include the following responsibilities and day-to-day functions:
- Work closely with the IT Operations Manager and infrastructure team to drive strategic technical decisions related to server, virtualization, storage, network, and security initiatives to help further business goals
- Design, implement and manage server, virtualization, storage, network, and security systems across HyLife datacenters and remote locations and all subsidiaries
- Administer and manage Windows Servers, backups, disaster recovery and related software
- Configure and support network and security infrastructure; including switches, routers, firewalls, wireless and cabling
- Ensure all systems are patched, monitored and reported upon
- Implement server and network management tools and processes
- Contribute to operational best practices and standard process development.
- Collaborate with support, and provide coverage for other roles within the IT department as needed
- Provide 2nd tier user support as requests are escalated from front-line user support staff
- Other duties as assigned
The successful candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012 administration and strong experience with Office 365 (Exchange Online, SharePoint Online), Active Directory and Microsoft SQL.
- 5+ years of SAN administration and implementation experience (Nimble, IBM)
- 5+ years of Virtualization administration and implementation experience (Cisco UCS, VMware, Veeam)
- 5+ years of network administration and implementation experience (Cisco, Meraki, Check Point)
- Microsoft, VMware, or Cisco certification an asset
- Experience managing and administering Cisco telephony systems / VOIP an asset
- Experience with operational best practices such as change control, metrics reporting and policy-based management
- Strong analytical and problems solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, working independently, and in a team environment
- Customer service focus
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and competitive compensation based on experience and knowledge. HyLife has been recognized as a Platinum Member of Canada’s Best-Managed Companies.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply online at:
Applicants who are not currently eligible to work in Canada will not be considered for this position.
We thank all applicants. However, only those under consideration will be contacted.