With an early winter storm system passing through the province, Manitoba Infrastructure reminds motorists to be vigilant with the arrival of snow and freezing rain conditions.
A few reminders:
- be aware of snow-clearing equipment working on highways and roads;
- all maintenance equipment uses flashing blue warning lights and stay well back of all equipment;
- slow down when approaching snowplows in operation and not to attempt to pass a plow in operation from behind at any time;
- whether on a highway or in a community, the posted speed limit is intended for ideal road and weather conditions;
- in bad weather or on slippery roads, drivers are asked to slow down and drive according to the conditions; and
- turning on headlights rather than relying on daytime running lights will help other drivers see approaching vehicles and glowing tail lights will alert drivers approaching from behind.
Road conditions are available anytime at 511 (toll-free) or by visiting www.manitoba511.ca.