Public health officials advise the current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 0.46 per cent. Twenty-seven new cases of the virus have been identified since Saturday including two on Saturday, 18 on Sunday, five on Monday and two as of 9:30am on July 4, 2020. This brings the total number of lab-confirmed positive and probable positive cases in Manitoba to 442.
The data shows there were:
- 10 new cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- two new cases in the Interlake–Eastern Health region;
- 12 new cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud region; and
- three new cases in the Winnipeg health region.
On Monday, one case was removed as it was a duplicate and from another jurisdiction.
Case investigations are ongoing. When completed, additional information will be provided as needed to inform people of any public health risks.
The data also shows:
- nine current hospitalizations, with four individuals in intensive care;
- 94 active cases and 341 individuals have recovered from COVID-19; and
- the number of deaths due to COVID-19 is eight.
An additional 1,803 laboratory tests were completed on Friday, 1,354 on Saturday, 1,090 on Sunday and 1,034 on Monday, bringing the total number of tests completed since early February to 93,995.
Two temporary COVID-19 community testing drive-thru sites remain open this week in the Prairie Mountain Health region. In Killarney, the Tri-Lake Health Centre site at 86 Ellice Dr. is open from 10am to 2pm, today through Thursday. Meanwhile, the drive-thru site at the Russell EMS Building located at 426 Alexandria Ave. South will be open 10am to 2pm on Wednesday and Thursday. For a full listing of testing sites across the province, including addresses and hours of operation, go online to gov.mb.ca.
For up-to-date information on COVID-19 in Manitoba, visit manitoba.ca.
A comprehensive list of Manitoba government COVID-19 measures can be found at manitoba.ca.