The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 5.1 per cent provincially and 4.3 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30am on April 5, 2021, 135 new cases of the virus have been identified including cases from the holiday Sunday and today. This brings the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 34,487.
Public health officials advise that two additional deaths in people with COVID-19 are being reported today:
- a female in her 60s from the Prairie Mountain Health region, and
- a female in her 70s from the Winnipeg health region.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
- three cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- 43 cases in the Northern health region;
- 19 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- seven cases in the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region; and
- 63 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
- 1,280 active cases and 32,267 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
- 66 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 75 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 141 hospitalizations;
- 13 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 16 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, for a total of 29 ICU patients;
- the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 940; and
The total number of screened or sequenced cases related to variants of concern for the following:
- B.1.1.7 is 235;
- B.1.351 is 20;
- cases that have not been categorized is 15; and
- the total number of variant of concern cases is 270.
Laboratory testing numbers show 1,352 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 590,987.
The outbreak at River East Personal Care Home in Winnipeg has been declared over.
A new testing site at Ma Mawi Wi Chi Itata Centre located at 445 King St. in Winnipeg will open tomorrow. The site, which will operate from Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., will offer testing for symptomatic individuals and those who need a COVID-19 test to travel to a northern community. Both appointments and walk-ins will be accepted. Appointments can be made beginning tomorrow by calling (toll-free) 1-888-986-8152. More information on COVID-19 testing is available at gov.mb.ca.
Additional data related to COVID-19, including data on outbreaks as well as some downloadable and historic data, can be found at geoportal.gov.mb.ca.
Possible exposure locations are listed online by region at the province’s #RestartMB Pandemic Response System webpage. For up-to-date information on possible public exposures to COVID-19 in regions, visit gov.mb.ca and click on your region.
For up-to-date information on COVID-19 in Manitoba, including information the online screening tool, testing criteria and locations, self-isolation requirements, public health fundamentals and the provincial response level on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System, visit manitoba.ca.