The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 5.7 per cent provincially and 5.2 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30am on April 10, 2021, 135 new cases of the virus have been identified. This brings the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 35,104.
Public health officials advise that one additional death in a person with COVID-19 is being reported today:
- a female in her 80s from the Winnipeg health region;
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
- four cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- 33 cases in the Northern health region;
- nine cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- 18 cases in the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region; and
- 71 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
- 1,259 active cases and 32,896 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
- 63 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 78 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 141 hospitalizations;
- 14 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 18 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, for a total of 32 ICU patients;
- Due to a data correction, one death that had been reported earlier has been removed so the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 949; and
The total number of screened or sequenced cases related to variants of concern for the following:
- B.1.1.7 is 364;
- B.1.351 is 20;
- cases that have not been categorized is 28; and
- the total number of variant of concern cases is 412.
Laboratory testing numbers show 2,031 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 601,994.
Outbreaks have been declared at Donwood Manor in Winnipeg and Boyne Lodge Personal Care Home in Carman. The facilities have been moved to the Critical (red) level on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System.
The outbreak is declared over at St. Michael’s Ukrainian Catholic Church in Sarto.
Additional data related to COVID-19, including data on outbreaks as well as some downloadable and historic data, can be found at geoportal.gov.mb.ca.
Public health officials advise of a possible exposure to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern on April 1 at the Costco (Regent), 1499 Regent Ave. between 2 and 3 p.m. and the No Frills (Plessis), 1500 Plessis Rd. Unit A, between 2:30 and 4 p.m. Any person concerned about their exposure to or risk of having COVID-19 should call Health Links-Info Santé at 204-788-8200 or (toll-free) 1-888-315-9257 to be screened to see if a test is required. For up-to-date information on testing sites, visit gov.mb.ca.
Possible exposure locations are listed online by region at the province’s #RestartMB Pandemic Response System webpage. For up-to-date information on possible public exposures to COVID-19 in regions, visit gov.mb.ca and click on your region.
For up-to-date information on COVID-19 in Manitoba, including information the online screening tool, testing criteria and locations, self-isolation requirements, public health fundamentals and the provincial response level on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System, visit manitoba.ca.