The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 5.3 per cent provincially and 5.4 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30am on April 17, 2021, 183 new cases of the virus have been identified. The total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba is 35,992.
Public health officials advise that three new additional deaths in people with COVID-19 have been reported today.
- a male in his 60s from the Northern health region;
- a male in his 80s from the Winnipeg health region; and
- a male in his 80s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the outbreak at Health Sciences Centre GD4.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
- seven cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- 24 cases in the Northern health region;
- 12 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- 13 cases in the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region; and
- 127 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
- 1,630 active cases and 33,404 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
- 58 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 70 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 128 hospitalizations;
- 15 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 17 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, for a total of 32 ICU patients;
- 2,828 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 619,722; and
- the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 958.
Additional data on variants of concern is updated from Tuesday to Saturday at: geoportal.gov.mb.ca. Data related to COVID-19, outbreaks and some downloadable and historic data can also be found at this site.
An outbreak has been declared at Russell Health Centre in Russell and Lions Prairie Manor Personal Care Home in Portage la Prairie. The facilities have been moved to the Critical (Red) level on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System.
Outbreaks have been declared over at Grace Hospital 3 south in Winnipeg and St. Anthony’s Hospital Psychiatric Unit in The Pas.
Other possible exposure locations are listed online by region at the province’s #RestartMB Pandemic Response System webpage. For up-to-date information on possible public exposures to COVID-19 in regions, visit gov.mb.ca and click on your region.
For up-to-date information on COVID-19 in Manitoba, including information the online screening tool, testing criteria and locations, self-isolation requirements, public health fundamentals and the provincial response level on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System, visit manitoba.ca.