The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 8.5 per cent provincially and 9.2 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30am on May 4, 2021, 291 new cases of the virus have been identified. However, one case has been removed due to data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 290 and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 39,814.
Public health officials advise that one new death in a person with COVID-19 has been reported today:
- a male in his 40s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
- 12 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- seven cases in the Northern health region;
- 31 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- 29 cases in the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region; and
- 212 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
- 2,692 active cases and 36,142 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
- 120 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 62 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 182 hospitalizations;
- 36 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 11 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, for a total of 47 ICU patients;
- 2,717 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 673,563; and
- the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 980.
Additional data on variants of concern is updated from Tuesday to Saturday at geoportal.gov.mb.ca. Data related to COVID-19, outbreaks and some downloadable and historic data can also be found at this site.
Outbreaks have been declared at two schools in Winnipeg and they have moved to remote learning – Holy Cross School until May 12 and The King’s School until May 16. Both schools have been moved to the Critical (Red) level on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System.
The outbreak is declared over at The Swan Valley Lodge Personal Care Home in Swan River.
Other possible exposure locations are listed online by region at the province’s #RestartMB Pandemic Response System webpage. For up-to-date information on possible public exposures to COVID-19 in regions, visit gov.mb.ca and click on your region.
For up-to-date information on COVID-19 in Manitoba, including the online screening tool, testing criteria and locations, self-isolation requirements, public health fundamentals and the provincial response level on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System, visit manitoba.ca.