The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 8.8 per cent provincially and 9.2 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30am on May 5, 2021, 272 new cases of the virus have been identified. However, one case has been removed due to data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 271 and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 40,085.
Public health officials advise that two new deaths in people with COVID-19 have been reported today:
- a male in his 60s from the Winnipeg health region; and
- a female in her 70s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to B.1.1.7 variant of concern.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
- 20 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- 13 cases in the Northern health region;
- 37 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- 20 cases in the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region; and
- 182 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
- 2,780 active cases and 36,323 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
- 125 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 59 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 184 hospitalizations;
- 38 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as nine people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, for a total of 47 ICU patients;
- 2,803 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 676,845; and
- the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 982.
Additional data on variants of concern is updated from Tuesday to Saturday at geoportal.gov.mb.ca. Data related to COVID-19, outbreaks and some downloadable and historic data can also be found at this site.
Other possible exposure locations are listed online by region at the province’s #RestartMB Pandemic Response System webpage. For up-to-date information on possible public exposures to COVID-19 in regions, visit gov.mb.ca and click on your region.
Updated enforcement statistics are posted online weekly. For more information, go to Cross-Departmental Reports at manitoba.ca.
For up-to-date information on COVID-19 in Manitoba, including the online screening tool, testing criteria and locations, self-isolation requirements, public health fundamentals and the provincial response level on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System, visit manitoba.ca.