The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 9.1 per cent provincially and 10.4 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30am on May 6, 2021, 363 new cases of the virus have been identified. However, six cases have been removed due to data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 357 and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 40,442.
Public health officials advise that four new deaths in people with COVID-19 have been reported today:
- a female in her 50s from the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- a male in his 50s from the Prairie Mountain Health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern;
- a male in his 60s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern; and
- a female in her 70s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
- 15 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- 34 cases in the Northern health region;
- 28 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- 23 cases in the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region; and
- 263 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
- 2,732 active cases and 36,724 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
- 123 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 62 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 185 hospitalizations;
- 40 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 12 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, for a total of 52 ICU patients;
- 3,947 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 681,038; and
- the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 986.
Additional data on variants of concern is updated from Tuesday to Saturday at geoportal.gov.mb.ca. Data related to COVID-19, outbreaks and some downloadable and historic data can also be found at this site.
Ongoing reviews of active case information has allowed for the removal of an additional 206 cases from ‘active’ to ‘recovered’. This provides a more accurate reporting of ‘active’ cases.
An outbreak has been declared at Lakeshore General Hospital in Ashern. The facility has been moved to the Critical (Red) level on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System.
Other possible exposure locations are listed online by region at the province’s #RestartMB Pandemic Response System webpage. For up-to-date information on possible public exposures to COVID-19 in regions, visit gov.mb.ca and click on your region.
For up-to-date information on COVID-19 in Manitoba, including the online screening tool, testing criteria and locations, self-isolation requirements, public health fundamentals and the provincial response level on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System, visit manitoba.ca.