The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 10.7 per cent provincially and 10.2 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30am on June 14, 2021, 124 new cases of the virus have been identified, bringing the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 54,481.
Public health officials advise two new deaths in people with COVID-19 have been reported today:
- a female in her 50s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern; and
- a male in his 80s from the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
- four cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- 14 cases in the Northern health region.
- seven cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- 19 cases in the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region; and
- 80 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
- 3,111 active cases and 50,268 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
- 297 Manitobans hospitalized with COVID-19 in Manitoba and neighbouring provinces including: 194 people in hospital in Manitoba with active COVID-19 as well as 77 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious, amounting to a total of 271 hospitalizations;
- a total of 86 Manitoba patients receiving intensive care for COVID-19 including: 42 people in intensive care units in Manitoba with active COVID-19 as well as 18 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, amounting to a total of 60 ICU patients in Manitoba; and 26 Manitoba patients in intensive care units outside the province, with 25 in Ontario and one in Alberta;
- 26 patients previously receiving care in an out-of-province ICU have now been returned to Manitoba hospitals for further care; no COVID-19 patients were transported out of province for care yesterday;
- 1,667 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 803,597; and
- the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 1,102, as over the weekend one death was removed due to a data correction.
Possible exposure locations are listed online by region at the province’s #RestartMB Pandemic Response System webpage. For up-to-date information on possible public exposures to COVID-19 in regions, visit gov.mb.ca and click on your region.
Additional data on variants of concern is updated from Tuesday to Saturday at geoportal.gov.mb.ca. Data related to COVID-19, outbreaks and some downloadable and historic data can also be found at this site.
For up-to-date information on COVID-19 in Manitoba, including the online screening tool, testing criteria and locations, self-isolation requirements, public health fundamentals and the provincial response level on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System, visit manitoba.ca.