The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 2.5 per cent provincially and 1.3 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30am on July 28, 2021, 26 new cases of the virus have been identified. The total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 57,502.
Public health officials advise three new deaths in people with COVID-19 are being reported today:
- a female in her 50s from the Interlake-Eastern health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 (alpha) variant of concern;
- a female in her 70s from the Northern health region, linked to the alpha variant of concern; and
- a male in his 80s from the Southern Health-Santé Sud region linked to an unspecified variant of concern.
Of the 26 cases reported today, the COVID-19 data shows:
- 15 new cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- zero new cases in the Northern health region;
- two new cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- three new cases in the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region; and
- six new cases in the Winnipeg health region.
Today’s data also shows:
- 497 active cases and 55,830 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
- 104 Manitobans hospitalized with COVID-19 including 35 people with active COVID-19 as well as 69 people who are no longer infectious;
- a total of 30 Manitoba patients receiving intensive care for COVID-19 including 13 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 17 people who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care;
- 1,487 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 869,632; and
- the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 1,175.
Possible exposure locations are listed online by region at the province’s #RestartMB Pandemic Response System webpage. For up-to-date information on possible public exposures to COVID-19 in regions, visit gov.mb.ca and click on your region.
Additional data on variants of concern is available at geoportal.gov.mb.ca. Data related to COVID-19, outbreaks and some downloadable and historic data can also be found at this site.
Updated enforcement statistics are posted online weekly. For more information, go to Cross-Departmental Reports at manitoba.ca.
For up-to-date information on COVID-19 in Manitoba, including the online screening tool, testing criteria and locations, self-isolation requirements, public health fundamentals and the provincial response level on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System, visit manitoba.ca.