Today’s five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 3.2 per cent provincially and 1.3 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30am on October 21, 2021, 245 new cases of the virus have been identified since Monday: 102 cases on Tuesday, Oct. 19.; 51 cases Wednesday, Oct. 20.; and 92 cases today. This includes:
- 16 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- 57 cases in the Northern health region;
- 20 cases in the Prairie Mountain health region;
- 102 cases in the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region; and
- 50 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
Six cases have been removed due to data correction, bringing the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 62,469.
There were 92 new cases identified in Manitoba today. Of these, 65 are in individuals who were not fully vaccinated. This includes:
- two new cases with two not fully vaccinated in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- 21 new cases with 15 not fully vaccinated in the Northern health region;
- seven new cases with five not fully vaccinated in the Prairie Mountain health region;
- 47 new cases with 34 not fully vaccinated in the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region; and
- 15 new cases with nine not fully vaccinated in the Winnipeg health region.
- Public health officials advise four new deaths in people with COVID-19 are being reported today:
- a female in her 90s from Prairie Mountain health region (reported Tuesday) linked to an unspecified variant of concern;
- a male in his 50s from the Northern health region (reported Tuesday) linked to an unspecified variant of concern;
- a female in her 60s from Winnipeg health region (reported Tuesday) linked to an unspecified variant of concern; and
- a male in his 80s from Southern Health-Sante Sud health region (reported Wednesday) linked to an unspecified variant of concern.
Today’s data also shows:
- 926 active cases and 60,308 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
- 87 Manitobans hospitalized with COVID-19 including 56 people with active COVID-19 as well as 31 people who are no longer infectious;
- a total of 20 Manitoba patients receiving intensive care for COVID-19 including 17 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as three people who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care;
- 3,208laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 1,062,342; and
- the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 1,235.
The Manitoba government is also providing an update on ongoing enforcement efforts to protect Manitobans from the spread of COVID-19. A total of 41 warnings and 12 tickets were issued for the week of October 11 – 17, including:
- five $1,296 tickets to individuals for various offences;
- five $298 tickets to individuals for failure to wear a mask in an indoor public place; and
- two $5,000 tickets to businesses.
Manitobans are urged to continue reporting compliance and enforcement issues by visiting manitoba.ca and completing the reporting form, or by calling 204-945-3744 or (toll-free) 1-866-626-4862 and pressing option three on the call menu. Updated enforcement statistics are posted online weekly at: manitoba.ca.
Possible exposure locations are listed online by region at the province’s #RestartMB Pandemic Response System webpage. For up-to-date information on possible public exposures to COVID-19 in regions, visit gov.mb.ca and click on your region.
Additional data is available at geoportal.gov.mb.ca. Data related to COVID-19, variants of concern, outbreaks and some downloadable and historic data can also be found at this site.
For up-to-date information on COVID-19 in Manitoba including the online screening tool, testing criteria and locations, self-isolation requirements, public health fundamentals and the provincial response level on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System, visit manitoba.ca.