Part 1 - Stuffing
Mix all stuffing ingredients and set aside.
Part 2 - Pancake
farina (smeed) or cream of wheat
- Mix smeed (cream of wheat), flour and salt.
- Place warm water in an electric mixing bowl, or blender. While mixing on high speed, add the smeed mixture gradually to form a thin pancake mix.
- dissolve yeast in 1/4 c water and a dash of sugar. Add to pancake mixture, and mix for 1 more minute. Set aside for 40 minutes, stirring every 7 minutes (so the water won’t separate from the smeed to avoid a lumpy mixture).
- Add the baking soda and keep stirring. When the dough bubbles, it is ready to be baked.
- Use and electric, or nonstick frying pan, and pour 1/4 c dough and cook like a pancake, one side only. Remove from the fire when pores form on the surface on each cake. Place the pancakes on a smooth surface towel until they cool.
- Fill each pancake with the nut mixture with about 1 spoonful of the mixture.
- Fold by pressing edges together to make a semi circle. Pinch the edges firmly to close and brush each side with warm butter.
Place on baking sheet and bake at 400F in a preheated oven for 10 minutes, or until light gold. Remove from oven and dip in cold syrup (thin attar).