The City of Steinbach is reminding local property and home owners that property taxes for 2019 are due September 30, 2019.
Tax bills issued this year total about $32 million. Approximately 47 percent of this amount fund municipal programs including the City of Steinbach’s summer beautification program, street maintenance and snow clearing functions. It also funds a variety of Steinbach projects, including:
- Elmdale Street Reconstruction
- Heritage Cemetery Expansion
- Expansion of water supply system
- New asphalt overlay on Golfview Crescent and Eagle Place
- Creation of Deerfield storm water detention pond and pathway
- Replacement of aging vehicles and equipment
The remaining 53 percent of the annual tax levy is forwarded to the Province of Manitoba and the Hanover School Division to fund various school system projects and programs.
Comparatively, Steinbach continues to be among the lowest property tax rates in the province.
If you have not received a copy of your tax statement, or if your mailing address has changed recently, you are asked to contact Steinbach City Hall at 204-326-9877 or email email@example.com.