Effective Monday, April 6, all Manitoba Public Insurance service centres will be open Monday to Friday, 9am to 4:30pm, excluding the Bison Drive, Main Street and Dauphin Service Centres which are currently operating as COVID-19 drive-thru testing centres.
MPI’s Contact Centre will also be adjusting its hours of operation: 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday and 8:30am to 4:30pm on Saturdays. These hours are also effective Monday, April 6.
The temporary adjustment of business hours will more effectively align MPI resources to when brokers and customers are now using MPI services. By doing so, MPI will be able to provide better service during opening hours.
Impacted service centres include:
- Gateway Service Centre (reduction in weekday hours and not open on Saturdays)
- All rural service centres (now open at 9am on weekdays, instead of 8:30am)
MPI customers are reminded that they are able to complete most transactions over the phone or online during this time.
MPI is temporarily allowing the following transactions to be done without the need to visit an Autopac agent or one of MPI’s Service Centres:
- New registration and policy application (including the issuing of new licence plates)
- Renewal of an expiring/expired driver’s licence (including photo)
- Reapplication of a lapsed driver’s licence
- Manual reassessment of an active or lapsed driver’s licence
- Driver’s licence replacement
- Basic ID card replacement (with no information changes)
- Vehicle insurance coverage renewal, reassessment, reactivation, reapplication
- Transfer of policy
Customers who need to complete any of the transactions above are encouraged to call their Autopac agent or MPI’s Contact Centre at 204-985-7000 or 1-800-665-2410 directly.
Rather than appearing in person at MPI or Autopac brokers, customers continue to have the option of visiting MPI’s Online Services section for many payments including most driver’s licence charges, policy fees, registrations, premiums and overdue amounts.
More details are available at MPI’s dedicated COVID-19 page.